Women's Giving Circle
What is the Women's Giving Circle?
Established in 2010, the Women's Giving Circle of Millersville University strives to inspire, educate, and empower women, alumnae, students, and staff to make a positive impact and to continue a tradition of philanthropy and leadership.
- Increase the financial support provided to female students at Millersville University
- Provide educational and empowering programming and leadership opportunities that support Millersville University women professionally, academically, and personally
- Create a network of positive role models and mentors that offers encouragement and support for Millersville University women
- Inspire Millersville alumnae to remain involved in supporting future generations of female Millersville University students
- Increase the visibility of women leaders and supporters of Millersville University
Save the Date
Women's Giving Circle of Millersville University invites you to attend a Breakfast & Roundtable Discussion on Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 7:30-9:00 a.m. This event will be held in the Old Main Room of the Bolger Conference Center. Kindly respond with your attendance plans by March 23, 2017. For more information, please contact Office of Scheduling & Event Management at 717-871-5926 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Power of the Purses!
Please visit www.millersville.edu/purses
if you are interested in bidding on purses.
Proceeds will benefit the scholarship fund.
Meet the 2015-2016 Women's Giving Circle Scholarship Recipients
The Women's Giving Circle awarded two scholarships in 2015. Taylor Lagler (left) is a Mathematics Major with concentrations in Statistics and Actuarial Sciences at Millersville University. Jocelyn Lurie (right) is an Early Childhood/Special Education Major at Millersville University.
Pictured (l-r) Karina Bonds '17, Ann Womble, Caileigh Ciepiela '17
6th Annual Power of the Purse
The 2016 Power of the Purse, a fundraising event for the Women's Giving Circle Dorothy L Connolly Scholarship, was held on April 12th Millersville University. We are pleased to announce that over $2,100 was raised for the scholarship and purses were donated to the Milagro House and Water Street Rescue Mission. Thank you for all who attended and donated!
3rd Annual Career Connections
On November 12, 2016, the Women’s Giving Circle and the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Management hosted the 3rd Annual Career Connections Lunch. The lunch provided female students with the opportunity to meet female alumnae in order to build connections, explore career choices, and develop stronger goals. This year's Career Connections will be held on November 16, 2017.
Pictured (l-r) Kathy Brabson (co-chair), Donna Deerin-Ward, Bev Breniser (co-chair)
- Spring 2015 Newsletter (PDF)
- Spring 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2013 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Spring 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- Founder Committee Member - $1,000 or more
- Leadership Committee Member - $500 or more
- Circle Committee Member - $250 or more
- Recent Graduate Committee Member - $100 or more
For more information, please contact Alice McMurry at 717-872-7520 or email email@example.com.