Community Organizations

Register your Non-Profit or Community Organization

Step 1: We can help meet your needs for bright, creative and energetic students.

Step 2: Submit a Project Form so we can determine whether your project is suitable for a service-learning class, community service group or individual volunteer project, internship, or if there is another way for us to help meet your needs.

Step 3: If you are interested in having students volunteers from the MU Work Study Program, complete the Community Service Learning Agreement Form and fax or email it to our office at 717-871-7635 or Click here for information about the MU Work-Study Program.

What is...

Service-learning: when a service the students provide is directly related to the course they are taking and the professor has assigned reflections that help the student make that connection. Students may only be available for the specific time the professor requires. Relationships with faculty may result in an on-going relationship that will meet long term needs for your organization. The students will have the accountability of this being an academic experience that may be a required part of the course, in lieu of a paper or extra credit.

Community Service: is when a student or student organization chooses to spend some of their free time helping the community. Some students may be looking for a long term experience while others may need to work on a short term or one time service project.

Work-Study students: are those who are eligible to be paid by federal funds to either work on campus or in a community nonprofit as part of their financial aid package.  See the Office of Financial Aid for eligibility requirements.

Internship: is a credit bearing experience that requires the work be related to the student's major or minor field of study and extends fifteen hours a week for the length of the semester. The student has academic requirements in addition to the work. Contact Sue Hess at for more details.