Bike Friendly University
Campus Biking Etiquette
As an on-campus cyclist, you are responsible for maintaining a comfortable environment for all campus users, including pedestrians.
REMEMBER: PEDESTRIANS ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT-OF-WAY.
Follow these guidelines to ensure a safe, walkable campus:
- Bicyclists should be using the road. By PA law, bicycles must travel in the same direction as other traffic
- Avoid fast speeds when cycling on campus and always slow down and yield when nearing pedestrians
- Pass on the left and announce yourself by saying “on your left”
- Always yield to pedestrians
- Don’t use your cell phone or wear headphones when riding
- Approach intersections slowly and with caution
Check out this educational video from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for more safety tips.
MU Cycling Club
|Check us out on facebook and on Millersville's Get Involved club page to read news about the club, see pictures, find out about rides, and much more!|
Local Bike Shops
Looking for a new bike, need repairs or equipment? Check out these bike shops for all your cycling needs.