Polling & Research Office
The Polling & Research Office is a nonpartisan research and polling office dedicated to providing high quality public opinion research and analysis serving the public interest. The Polling & Research Office (PRO), housed within Millersville University’s Center for Public Scholarship, provides services for researching perceived community needs, quality of services, and attitudes of the public in order to help initiate and guide public policy decision-making.
View Reports at http://millersville.edu/ccerp/research-reports.php
The goals of the Polling & Research Office are as follows:
- to support faculty and student empirical research
- to conduct research projects tied to Civic & Community Engagement and Research Project priorities
- to conduct fee-for-service projects for clients
- to collect data for clients
The Office offers start to finish services to assist clients with all aspects of the survey research process:
- work with clients in selecting an appropriate research methodology and sampling strategy to meet study objectives
- develop survey instrument(s) and consult on question wording, format, ordering, and scaling
- conduct Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing, software for collecting survey data based on structured questionnaires, using telephone or face-to-face interviewing, web surveys, or self-administered procedures
Analysis and Reporting
- prepare statistical analyses and reports of survey results in a variety of formats: descriptive statistics, tables, weighted or un-weighted results, multivariate analysis, and other statistical techniques; and methodology reports, narrative reports, executive summaries/press materials, qualitative or content analysis, and raw data
The Polling & Research Office is a member of the Association for Computer Assisted Surveys, a consortium of survey-related organizations.
For more information, please send an email to the Center for Public Scholarship.