Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change
A few of our partners include
- Ambassadors for Hope
- Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership
- Lancaster Safety Coalition
- Compass Mark
In 2015, a Lancaster County family services advocate for children who have a parent in prison was launched thanks in part to the work of Bob Cooper, Dr. Mary Glazier, support of the Ambassadors for Hope executive committee, and Millersville University students.
March 15, 2016 - Millersville’s Dr. Mary Glazier was on Smart Talk with representatives from Ambassadors for Hope and Compass Mark to discuss the needs of children with a parent in prison. Listen to the archived program at http://www.witf.org/smart-talk/
- Article about Ambassadors for Hope: How Lancaster County Prison is helping moms and dads in jail build bonds with kids
- Editiorial about Ambassadors for Hope: Program helping the children of parents incarcerated at Lancaster County Prison does important work
- Featured Article: County to Look at Needs of Children whose Parents are in Prison
- Parents behind bars- Children left in their wake
- Opinion: The Children of Incarcerated Parents need an Advocate
- Article about the community response: Christmas wishes touch of spirit of giving here
- Article about the County Commissioners vote: Children of Prisoners to get Special Services Advocate
At the request of the Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change and the Lancaster Safety Coalition (LSC), Millersville Communication and Theatre students Michael Rapak, Haley Shiner, and Jessica File produced this short film in support of the (LSC).
On-going research for the Lancaster Safety Coalition was featured in on ABC27 in a report on their rebranding and fundraising.
Polling and Research Office
The Polling & Research Office is a nonpartisan research and polling office dedicated to providing high quality public opinion research and analysis serving the public interest.
Survey may be used but should reference Millersville’s Polling & Research Office.View More
Events and Resources
The Center for Public Scholarship engaging events are excellent opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and the community to share their interest in service learning and community-based research.
The Policy Conference is an annual event that engages the University family and the community-at-large in national dialogues of policy issues of interest to the region, nation, and the world. The format of the event includes general and breakout sessions with keynote speakers and other experts of national and international repute.
The Center for Public Scholarship and Social Change has developed a set of resources at your disposal, including links, journals, conference information, and grant opportunities.