Center for Disaster Research & Education
Spring 2015 Business Continuity Course
Spring 2015 CERT
The Spring 2015 CERT program continues through mid-April 2015. Students are learning basic skills and knowledge in order to be a great help during a disaster.
Please be sure to check out the CERT page for more information and pictures of our training HERE. We hope to see you in our Fall 2015 class!
Virtual Seminar Series kicks off for Spring 2015
The Spring 2015 Virtual Seminar Series will take place on select Fridays throughout the semester.
Please check out the Virtual Seminar Series tab on the left for a schedule or presentations as well as how to access the seminars.
All seminars are free to any interested party. Please join us!
CDRE attends IAEM conference in San Antonio
Faculty and graduate assistants of the CDRE are attending the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) conference in San Antonio, TX the week of November 14-19, 2014. Please stop by the CDRE/MSEM booth and say hello!
While attending the conference, MU-IAEM Chapter President Daniel Berndt accepts the Chapter of the Year award.
You can find more information on the IAEM Conference here.
More CDRE News
There is much more going on at the CDRE. Please click our "Recent News" tab on the left navigation bar to read more.
Or you can click here.
CDRE Mission Statement
Provide Multi-Disciplined Education, Research, & Internship Opportunities
- current students interested in the field of environmental hazards and emergency/disaster management
Contribute to the Education of the Next Generation
- disaster researchers, emergency managers, and knowledgeable community members
- behavioral and organizational response to disasters and terrorism, including the media
- risk and hazards assessment
Disseminate Research Findings
- Previous & new research literature, in a language and format that is useful to the general public, mass media personnel, and emergency management personnel-as well as researchers
Contribute to the Communities within the Region and Nation
- pursuant to developing disaster resilient communities (FEMA)
8 High School Avenue
Mon.-Fri. 9a.m. – 5p.m.
Tel: (717) 871-7549
Fax: (717) 871-2429
Internships & Co-ops
Opportunities provided to give students hands on experience in the field.
The CDRE at Millersville University is a member of the Homeland Security Higher Education Consortium, Keystone Emergency Management Association, National Emergency Management Association, Emergency Management Higher Education Consortium and the International Association of Emergency Managers.