PDE Act 48 Reporting for Educators
If you are a Pennsylvania educator and you wish to report courses you have taken at Millersville to the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) in compliance with Act 48 requirements, you may do so at this time. Millersville’s guidelines for educators to report course information to PDE are as follows:
- You must initiate the Act 48 reporting request by signing on the MAX web system and identifying the courses you want us to report.
- You may report as many MU courses as you wish to PDE.
- Only credit-bearing courses that have been successfully completed since January 2000 may be reported; if you are currently enrolled in a course, wait until the course is graded to report it.
- When you finish processing your course selections, a confirmation message will be displayed on your screen - print a copy for yourself and for your school district or employer.
- Millersville will transmit the course data directly to PDE on your behalf.
- PDE determines which courses apply and will accept only courses taken within the dates listed for your Continuing Education period, as posted on your PDE web record.
Note: Internet Explorer is the recommended Internet browser for MAX. You may use Netscape Navigator to make your Act 48 request; however, you cannot print the confirmation message using Netscape Navigator.
All requests for ACT 48 reporting must be made using our MAX web system. If you do not have personal access to a computer and the Internet, you may use an MU computer lab. Computers are also available in the lobby on the first floor of Lyle Hall.
- Start on the MU home page
- Click on
- Type your User ID (student ID). All students have a student ID number that begins with an upper-case "M" followed by 8 digits.
- Type your PIN (birth date in the format MMDDYY. Ex. August 2, 1970 is 080270). First-time users must change this PIN to a new 6-digit number and create a security question/answer to reset their PIN in case it's forgotten.
- Choose “Student Services and Financial Aid.”
- Choose “Act 48 Reporting for Educators” next and follow the instructions to make your request.
- Print a copy of your confirmation message for your employer.
- Click the Exit icon on the menu bar when you are finished.
For on-line Help: click the Help icon on the bar to the upper right of any Act 48 reporting screen to get more information.
If you need assistance using MAX for Act 48 reporting: contact the Registrar’s Office in Lyle Hall at 717-872-3035 or by email.
WHAT COURSES CAN BE REPORTED TO PDE?
When you sign on to MAX web and select Act 48 Reporting, we will present you with a list of the courses you have completed successfully (i.e., with a passing grade) to make it easier for you to select those you would like us to report to PDE. Not included on the list are:
- Courses with failing, unsatisfactory (U), or incomplete (I) grades
- Courses that have been repeated
- Audited courses
- Non-credit courses
- Courses taken prior to January 1, 2000
HOW DO I SELECT COURSES TO REPORT TO PDE?
It’s simple -- for each course you want us to report, just click the box to the left of the course on the list. If you change your mind, click the box again to remove the checkmark, or press the Clear button to uncheck them all. When you are finished, press the Submit courses button at the bottom to continue, and all courses with a checkmark will be listed on the next screen for you to review before your request is finalized.
HOW MANY COURSES MAY I REPORT TO PDE FOR ACT 48?
MU does not impose any limits; you may select as many courses as you want to report to PDE for Act 48. If you are unsure of the requirements, check with your school district, or visit the PDE web site for more information. MU will report all couses that you request; however, PDE determines which courses are accepted within the dates of your Continuing Education period posted on its web site.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MU REPORT TO PDE?
Millersville transmits only the data listed below to PDE for Act 48 compliance. Grades are not reported to PDE.
- Your Social Security number (used on your PA certification) NOTE: The Social Security Number will be replaced by your PPID (Professional Personnel ID) by Summer 2008. Further instructions and additional information will be posted on this website at that time.
- The activity name (course ID and title)
- The activity type (college course)
- Total activity hours (credits multiplied by 30; ex. 3 credits =90 hours)
- Course dates (start/end dates of the MU term in which the course is scheduled)
- Hours Attended (the number of credits earned)
HOW OFTEN DOES MU REPORT TO PDE?
Millersville transmits data weekly. If you recently requested ACT 48 reporting, you may check the status of individual courses by signing onto MAX and selecting ACT 48 reporting. On the list of courses taken at MU, check the "Reported" column. If "Pending" appears, your course will be submitted within the next week. Otherwise, you will see the date MU sent your data to PDE. Click on the date or "Pending" to view a confirmation screen.
HOW CAN I VIEW THE INFORMATION THAT PDE HAS ON FILE FOR ME?
Visit the PDE web site and choose "Teacher Certification" or "ACT 48 Reporting System." Follow the instructions to log in and check your Continuing Education progress.