Loans are offered to students and/or parents to help fund your education if you cannot afford to pay out-of-pocket or if your scholarships and grants are not enough to cover your expenses
- Loans can be guaranteed (Federal Direct Stafford Loan)
- All types of loans listed in this section can have the principal amount deferred and only requires the interest (if any) be paid while the student is enrolled in school .
- Loans may have a fixed or variable rate.
Please select the types of loan you wish to learn more about by using the links to the left. There is information on the following types of loans:
Federal Direct Stafford Loan (student only)
Federal Direct PLUS Loans (parent only)
Alternative Loans (student as borrower with a credible co-signer)
Federal Perkins Loan (student only)
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan (graduate student only)
We do offer a list of recommended lenders for alternative loans. Please see our statement regarding preferred lenders.
Millersville University is committed to providing students and their families with the best information and processing alternatives available regarding student borrowing. In support of this and in an effort to rule out any perceived or actual conflict of interest between Millersville University officers, employees or agents and education loan lenders, Millersville University has adopted the following:
- Millersville University does not participate in any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender.
- Millersville University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any gifts of greater than a nominal value from any lender, guarantor or servicer.
- Millersville University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any fee, payment or other financial benefit (including a stock purchase option) from a lender or affiliate of a lender as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to a lender or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
- Millersville University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any thing of value from a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders and/or guarantors in exchange for service on an advisory board, commission or other group established by such a lender, guarantor group of lenders and/or guarantors. Millersville University does allow for the reasonable reimbursement of expenses associated with participation in such boards, commissions or groups by lenders, guarantors, or groups of lenders and/or guarantors.
- Millersville University does not assign a lender to any first-time borrower through financial aid packaging or any other means.
- Millersville University recognizes that a borrower has the right to choose any lender from which to borrow to finance his/her education. Millersville University will not refuse to certify or otherwise deny or delay certification of a loan based on the borrower’s selection of a lender and/or guarantor.
- Millersville University will not request or accept any offer of funds to be used for private education loans to students from any lender in exchange for providing the lender with a specified number or volume of Title IV loans, private education loans, or a preferred lender arrangement for Title IV or private loans.
- Millersville University will not request or accept any assistance with call center or financial aid office staffing.
For a printable version of the Code of Conduct, please see our Financial Aid Forms.