MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Direct Graduate Plus Loan
Requirements include the following:
- FAFSA must be filed by student
- Student must pass a credit check - the loan is in the student's name (not in the parent's name) and is NOT a guaranteed student loan – it must be approved by the lender.
- Must be enrolled for at least 6 credits
- We recommend that a student borrow the maximum under the Direct Stafford Loan program first, but this is not required. The Direct Stafford Loan maximum for one academic year is up to $20,500.
- This loan is for graduate students only (must be seeking a graduate degree - i.e. Master's Degree)
- Students seeking a Post-baccalaureate Certification (teacher certification) do NOT qualify for this loan.
- Students must complete a Direct Loan Counseling before the Graduate PLUS Loan can be disbursed (see the Quick Link for Loan Counseling to the left – be sure to use the link for the Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling).
In order to complete the application online follow these steps:
- Click on the above link
- Click on the green SIGN IN button (left side of screen)
- Sign in with your SSN, first two letters of your last name, DOB, and PIN - you must have a PIN (the same one as you had for the FAFSA) - if you do not have a PIN, you can apply for one. If you do not remember the PIN, you can request it.
- Once you have that information and have signed in, select "Start PLUS Application Process" - select "Graduate PLUS" and follow the instructions to complete the application.