Scholarship Awards for Interns
Susquehanna Bank has generously contributed funds to Millersville University to support undergraduate students who choose to provide service to the community in the form of an internship in a nonprofit or government agency. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management (ELCM) to offer an award to selected students who are completing a credit-bearing internship during a summer semester in an unpaid position at a nonprofit or government agency. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
Last summer, five, 2015 summer interns earning credits for their experiences, received a $1,500 award. ELCM is pleased to continue offering the award to students each year.
The Starbrad Excellence in Science Award has generously contributed funds to the University to support undergraduate students who are majoring in one of the natural sciences, preferably Chemistry. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management to offer an award of $1,000 to a selected student who is completing a credit-bearing internship in the summer in an unpaid position. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
The application deadline for both awards will be 4:00 p.m., Monday, April 25, 2016.
- Completion of 60 credits
- Current enrollment as a undergraduate student at Millersville University
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- A confirmed, non-paid summer credit-bearing internship where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work (Starbrad)
- A confirmed, non-paid summer credit-bearing internship at a nonprofit or government agency where the student will complete a minimum of 120 hours of work (Susquehanna Bank)
- Evidence that the student has registered the internship for academic credits through Experiential Learning and Career Management.
Here's how to get started:
- Complete the Online Orientation for Credit-Bearing Internships
- Attend one of ELCM's workshops for more details on preparing, seeking and securing an internship
- Secure an upaid credit-bearing internship with a non-profit or governmental organization
- Meet qualifying agencies and organizations at the Job & Internship Fairs on November 5, 2015 and March 24, 2016,
- Schedule and attend an Internship Registration session in the April 2016 with Experiential Learning and Career Management
- Complete Award Application by Monday, April 25, 2016.
For more information about the Summer Internship Awards, please contact Intern Email or 717-871-7655.
Starbrad Excellence in Science Award
Brianna White, Madison Twp, PA, senior Biology major, Internship Assignment-Baltimore National Aquarium
Susquehanna Bank Award
Nicole Claycomb, Coatesville, PA, senior Biology: Animal Behavior, Internship Assignment - Philadelphia Zoo.
Christian Copeland, Philadelphia, PA, junior Speech Communication, Internship Assignment-Excentia.
Melanie Herbert, Brogue, PA, junior Sociology, Internship Assignment -Girls on the Run - Lancaster.
Ashley Plaisance, Denver, PA, junior Communication Studies, Internship Assignment - Hempfield School District.
Nathan Senft, Spring Grove, PA, junior Sociology: Criminology, Internship Assignment - York County Office of Career Management.