MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Scholarships & Awards for Summer Internships
Susquehanna Bank has generously contributed funds to Millersville University to support students who choose to provide service to the community in the form of an internship in a nonprofit or government agency. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management (ELCM) to offer an award to selected students who are completing an academic internship during a summer semester in an unpaid position at a nonprofit or government agency.
A select number of summer 2014 interns will receive a $1,500 award. We are pleased to continue offering the award to students each year.
The Starbrad Excellence in Science Award has generously contributed funds to the University to support students who are majoring in one of the natural sciences, preferably Chemistry. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management to offer an award of $1,000 to a selected student who is completing an academic internship in the summer in an unpaid position.
The application deadline for both awards will be 4:00 p.m., Monday, April 28, 2014.
- Completion of 60 credits
- Current enrollment as a student at Millersville University
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- A confirmed, non-paid summer internship where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work (Starbrad)
- A confirmed, non-paid summer internship at a nonprofit or government agency where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work (Susquehanna Bank)
- Evidence that the student has registered the internship for academic credits through Experiential Learning and Career Management.
Here's how to get started:
- Complete the Online Orientation for Internships
- Secure an upaid internship with a non-profit or governmental organization
- Meet qualifying agencies and organizations at the Job & Internship Fair on April 3, 2014
- Schedule and attend an Internship Registration session with Experiential Learning and Career Management.
- Complete Award Application by Monday, April 28, 2014.
For more information about the Summer Internship Awards, please contact Intern Email or 717-872-3774.
Starbrad Excellence in Science Award
Curtis Silverwood, Schwenksville, PA, senior Meteorology major, Internship Assignment-WGAL 8
Susquehanna Bank Award
Bethany Benedict, Ephrata, PA, senior Geography, Environmental Studies major, Internship Assignment - Lancaster Inter-Municipal Committee (LIMC)
Danielle Bertucci, Philadelphia, PA, junior Music, Business and Technology major, Internship Assignment-WXPN - Festival Production Intern.
Evan Rubin, Lancaster, PA, senior Sociology, Criminology major, Internship Assignment - Lancaster County Juvenile Probation Department.