Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Millersville University participates in a Keystone Innovation Zone Seed/Assistance Funding for Research or Commercial Partnering Activities program, which funds partnership opportunities between faculty and regional businesses in the development of new products or initiatives. During 2008, Dr. Molla-Hardy of the Computer Sciences department worked with locally-based White Wolf Security to design, develop, implement and evaluate two sets of web applications for security testing.
Ganser Library at Millersville University recently teamed up with The Lancaster County Historical Society, which enables the Historical Society to maintain and update its Automated Library System through a telecommunications link to the MU site for connection into the Keystone Library Network.
The Lancaster Partnership is a collaboration between businesses and the University to provide the means and motivation for underrepresented students within the city of Lancaster to complete their high school diploma, obtain a college education and find professional employment opportunities in the region. Millersville University, the School District of Lancaster, and sponsoring corporations bring unique strengths to this relationship.
Millersville University is also an active member of the Millersville Area Business Association whose mission is to advance positive relationships between business and the community. Local businesses have made philanthropic gifts to Millersville and many have become sponsors for University athletic competitions and cultural events. Some ways in which the University works with local businesses include:
- Millersville University established a business advisory board to build and sustain a collaborative partnership with the local business community and the Business Administration program. The Business Advisory Board works to provide advice and counsel and to promote ideas regarding a variety of business issues, while developing strategies for recruitment and career placement of business students.
- The Small Business Institute program, led by Dr. Patrick McCaskey, provides small business owners with an opportunity to receive intensive management counseling from qualified business students under the expert guidance of Millersville faculty.
- The Student Business Association, a student-managed organization, gives students the opportunity to develop professional and working relationships with peers and local business specialists. The organization also offers a variety of opportunities to its members, including networking workshops, guest speakers, advising, community service and internship opportunities.
- The Marauder Gold program was launched in 2008 to give locally owned businesses the opportunity to connect with student customers. Students are now able to use their on-campus discretionary accounts at local businesses with their Marauder Gold cards.