Transfer Student Advisement
Incoming transfer students that have a declared major should connect with their department chair for advisement and registration assistance. Any Undeclared/Exploratory transfer students should contact the Academic & Student Development/Exploratory Program office for an appointment. Please call us at 717-872-3257 for for assistance or direction.
A few things to consider after confirming your admission acceptance:
- Have you contacted your major department? If you haven't already, we strongly suggest contacting them, to possibly meet with your department chair for advisement.
- Have you had a final transcript sent from your previous school? You will want to make sure our Registrar’s office have received your completed course transcript so that we can have that information and best advise you.
- Check out the Transfer Equivalency website to see how the courses from your other school would transfer to Millersville.
- Have you run a degree audit and familiarized yourself with your MAX account? We know DARs can be tricky at first, we’re here to help with your understanding it. But try and read through it first to understand your degree requirements. We’ll help you piece all the information together.
- Have you attempted to register yet? You may register for classes or add yourself to waitlists for classes you wish to take.
- Have you signed up for MAX Mobile? The MAX mobile menu item in your MAX account can be set so that you receive a text message when your waitlisted class becomes available.
You may also contact our Advisement Coordinator for Transfer Students, through our office at 717-872-3257.
Information on Transfer Orientation can be found here.
Did you come to MU as a transfer student from another school? Check here for information on special events we are holding specifically geared to help YOU get acclimated to Marauder Country.
Fall 2014 MU Transfer Student Brown Bag Lunch Series
Schedule can be viewed HERE