Parent & Family Orientation
All summer 2014 Parent & Family Orientation sessions are now closed. Please contact the Office of Transtion Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 871-5553 to be added to a waitlist for either the Friday, July 18th or Saturday, July 19th session.
Family members of incoming Millersville University students are invited to attend a one-day Parent & Family Orientation Program. The goal of family orientation is to provide you with tools that will prepare you to support your student as well as introduce you to the Millersville campus, its programs and services. This will be accomplished through a variety of interactive presentations and open discussions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is registration required?
- Families must register ahead of time and due to space limitations, planning, materials, etc. we are unable to accommodate walk-ins. Registration for each Parent & Family Orientation session will close one week prior to the Orientation date or when that date reaches capacity.
Can I change my registration?
- Yes, please call the Office of Transition Programs at (717) 871-5553 or email email@example.com to modify your registration.
What time and where is check-in?
- Check-in is from 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. in the Student Memorial Center (#82 on campus map) Atrium. The last session ends at 3:15 p.m. Click here for the summer 2014 schedule.
Where should I park?
- Parking is available in the McComsey Parking Lot off of James Street directly across from Hull Hall (#76 on campus map).
Should I attend?
- Attendance is not required, but is highly encouraged for parents and families of incoming Millersville University students. Parent & Family Orientation is designed specifically to meet the needs of our parent population and provides detailed information about Millersville University.
Should my student attend?
- Students will attend their own Orientation program from August 21-24, 2014. The focus of Parent & Family Orientation is not for students and they should not plan on attending.
Is there programming for siblings?
- There is no programming for siblings during Parent & Family Orientation. Siblings will be invited to campus in the fall during our Parent & Family Weekend. We ask that only adult family members attend this Orientation program.
We are pleased to announce The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot as the One Book, One Campus selection for the 2014-2015 academic year. The goal of the One Book program is to stimulate discussion and critical thinking around a common book's theme, enhancing a sense of community among students, faculty, and staff as we engage with each other's diverse perspectives. Students are asked to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks before arriving on campus for Orientation. Copies of the book are available for purchase at the University Store.
For additional information regarding One Book, One Campus, visit the One Book, One Campus blog.