Charles And Mary Hash Building
Charles and Mary Hash Building
Bassler Hall and the Charles & Mary Hash Building form the Velma A. Dilworth McCollough and Clair R. McCollough Communications Complex and Broadcast Studio. The McCollough Communications Complex houses the Communication & Theatre department. The Hash Building houses classrooms, faculty offices, and the Communication & Theatre department office.
Charles and Mary Hash Building was built as the Model School to serve pupils of the community as well as the students of the normal school for practice teaching. The building opened for use in the Fall of 1901. In 1921 the Training School library opened. In 1968 it was rededicated as Myers Hall, named for Carrie E. Myers (1885-1923), an 1884 graduate of the normal school who joined the faculty of the Model School and became its superintendent. In 1996 this building underwent major renovations and was dedicated as the Charles and Mary Hash Building.