Classes Begin in Berks County in Fall 2013!
The on-site Master of Education in Language & Literacy cohort program for Berks County is a 10 semester program. Courses begin in fall 2013 on-site at Wilson District. The credits earned in these courses are applicable towards the Reading Specialist Certificate.
Admission materials for the M.Ed. in Language and Literacy program must be submitted by August 9, 2013 to be considered for the cohort.
|Fall 2013||EDUC 562 Methods for Teaching English Language Learners|
|Spring 2014||RDED 622 Reading & Writing Foundations|
|Summer 2014||RDED 621 Foundations of Reading & Writing
EDFN 545 Advanced Educational Psychology
|Fall 2014||EDUC 636 Literature and Response|
|Spring 2015||RDED 623 Diagnosis of Reading & Writing Disabilities|
|Summer 2015||RDED 624 The Reading Clinic (6 credits)|
|Fall 2015||RDED 625 Psychological & Social Factors in Reading Ability|
|Spring 2016||EDFN 601 Methods of Research|
|Summer 2016||RDED 626 Literacy Leadership
SPED 601 Psychological Aspects of Individuals with Disabilities
|Fall 2016||EDFN 511 Comparative Education|
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree and be certified to teach. Admission materials for the M.Ed. in Language and Literacy program must be submitted by August 9, 2013 to be considered for the cohort. Cohort participants must be admitted into the M.Ed. in Language & Literacy program and complete the cohort agreement form.
Below are the steps to apply for admission to the M.Ed. in Language & Literacy:
- Application for Admission - Official application form for admission into Millersville University Graduate Studies. Applicants to all degree and certification programs use this application form. Must include $40 application fee. Click here to complete the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation - Three (3) recommendation forms, preferably from a supervisor or faculty member familiar with your work and academic background, are required with application for admission. When you complete the online application you will have an opportunity to send your references in electronic form - please have your recommenders email address available.
- Academic and Professional Goals Statement - A signed academic and professional goals statement (approximately 300 words) is required with application for admission. The statement should include experiences which have influenced your decision to pursue post-baccalaureate studies and a self-assessment of your potential for advanced study and service in your chosen field.
- Transcripts - One (1) official transcript of baccalaureate and graduate work completed at all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts must bear the official institutional seal and be contained in a sealed institutional envelope. Millersville University graduates need not request a transcript.
- Test Scores - If your undergraduate grade point average (GPA) was below a 3.0, you are required to take either the MAT or GRE. Official scores from the appropriate standardized test (MAT or GRE). The computerized MAT is administered on a weekly basis by the Millersville University Test Center.
To reserve your spot in the fall 2013 cohort for the M.Ed. in Language & Literacy, please submit this signed signature page and completed application no later than August 9, 2013
For More information please call Dr. Angela Tekely at 717.871.2053.