Undergraduate Degree: Psychology M.A., West Chester University of PA, 2011
Why did you choose MU?
I chose to complete my graduate work at MU because I was offered a Graduate Assistantship position in the Psychology Department. MU’s Clinical Psychology program was also highly recommended to me by my undergraduate advisor.
What has been your experience so far?
I have formed positive relationships with the faculty in the psychology department. I also have good relationships with staff in other campus offices, which I was able to form through networking. These relationships have helped me progress and develop professionally outside my psychology study.
What is your favorite thing about MU?
I appreciate the friendly and helpful atmosphere that exists in the Millersville area. From the administrative staff to the undergraduates in my courses, everyone is helpful and motivated to help each other.
What are your post-graduation plans?
I hope to obtain a full-time position with the addiction rehab company that I am an intern at. I am also interested in a career in higher education, so I am pursuing experiences on MU’s campus that would help me obtain this goal.
Involvement at MU:
- Graduate Ambassador
- Graduate Student Association, Member
- Student Worker, Graduate Admissions Office
- Pearson Vue Administrator, University Test Center
- Graduate Assistant, Psychology Department
- Fitness Associate, Valhalla Health and Fitness Club
- Bartender, Reading Phillies Baseball Club
- Union Associate, West Chester University’s Sykes Student Union
- Intern, Caron Treatment Center
- Intern, Life Counseling: Rehab After Work