Refer to the program checklists below for release dates and the final application deadlines for each semester. Approximate deadlines for applications are as follows:
|For interning abroad during:
||Applications are due:
|For SOWK field placement abroad during:
||Applications are due:
Before downloading and submitting an application to complete any internship, Social Work field placement, or student teaching placement, you MUST refer to the specific process outline which lists the step by step guidelines in detail BEFORE starting an application.
- International Internship Process can be found on the following website: Intern Abroad
- Social Work Field Placement Process can be found on the following website: Social Work
- See the Office of Global Edcuation for more information regarding the Student Teaching Abroad process.
Step 1: Accessing Your Global Education Portal
- Click the above link to access your Global Education Portal.
- Search for the program that you wish to apply to and click on the name of the program
- Click the “Apply Now” button on the program's page.
- Click “I am a Millersville University Student”
- Log in (Use your MU username and password)
- Click Yes and Submit for the question that reads "Do you wish to register on this site...?"
- Click on the term that you are applying for and click Apply.
- Refer to Step 2 for instructions on how to complete your application checklist.
Step 2: Completing Your Study Abroad Application Using Your Checklist
- There are multiple sections of your application, listing items that need to be completed along with detailed instructions.
- After you have completed an item, a check mark will appear under the Received column.
- For items directly submitted manually to the Office of Global Education, we will mark received on your checklist.
Saving Your Application and Returning to Your Portal:
- You may begin a questionnaire and save it for later completion.
- After 59 minutes of inactivity you will be logged out and any unsaved work will be lost.
- In order to access your checklist, log into your Global Education Portal.
- On the top-left navigation bar click "Applicant Home"
- On your "Applicant Home" page you may edit your profile and access your checklist.
- It is very important to edit your profile to make sure that your contact information is current.
Issues & Questions
If you have any technical questions or issues concerning the Global Education Portal, email GlobalEducation@millersville.edu.
Use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to access application documents.
See above comments for details.
- MU Programs: Global Experiences & VAC