Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Scholarships & Awards for Summer Internships
Susquehanna Bank has generously contributed funds to Millersville University to support students who choose to provide service to the community in the form of an internship in a nonprofit or government agency. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management (ELCM) to offer an award to selected students who are completing an academic internship during a summer semester in an unpaid position at a nonprofit or government agency.
A select number of summer 2014 interns will receive a $1,000 award. We are pleased to continue offering the award to students each year.
The Starbrad Excellence in Science Award has generously contributed funds to the University to support students who are majoring in one of the natural sciences, preferably Chemistry. This enables Experiential Learning and Career Management to offer an award of $1,000 to a selected student who is completing an academic internship in the summer in an unpaid position.
The application deadline for both awards will be 4:00 p.m., Monday, April 28, 2014.
- Completion of 60 credits
- Current enrollment as a student at Millersville University
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- A confirmed, non-paid summer internship where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work (Starbrad)
- A confirmed, non-paid summer internship at a nonprofit or government agency where the student will complete a minimum of 225 hours of work (Susquehanna Bank)
- Evidence that the student has registered the internship for academic credits through Experiential Learning and Career Management.
Here's how to get started:
- Complete the Online Orientation for Internships
- Secure an upaid internship with a non-profit or governmental organization
- Meet qualifying agencies and organizations at the Job & Internship Fair on April 3, 2014
- Schedule and attend an Internship Registration session with Experiential Learning and Career Management.
- Complete Award Application by Monday, April 28, 2014.
For more information about the Summer Internship Awards, please contact Intern Email or 717-872-3774.
Starbrad Excellence in Science Award
Rachel Coulter, Wake Forest, NC, Meteorology Major, Internship Assignment-WRAL TV
Susquehanna Bank Award
Jeffrey Grey, Berwick, PA, Music Business & Technology Major, Internship Assignment-WVIA HomeGrown Studio
Meta Griffin, Avondale, PA, Environmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-Tri-State Rescue and Research, Inc.
Alexa Rose Kramer, Pine Grove, PA, Environmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-Schuylkill County Conservation District
Jennifer Teson, Coatesville, PA, Envrionmental Biology Major, Internship Assignment-The Wetlands Institute