International Association of Emergency Managers
The mission of IAEM is to serve its members by providing information, networking and professional opportunities, and to advance the emergency management profession.
Today, IAEM continues to drive the development of the profession of emergency management through its promotion of the Principles of Emergency Management, Certified Emergency Manager (CEM®) Program and IAEM Scholarship Program. The Student Council now has chapters at universities around the world and works to engage with future professionals as they choose their career paths.
To Join IAEM:
1. Go to the "Join IAEM" portion of the IAEM Website. Click here.
2. Click "Join Online Today!"
3. Fill out the required information. Student membership costs $40 per year.
4. Once you have submitted the membership form, send proof of membership to our IAEM Secretary, Robert Fink (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2013-2014 Local Chapter Officers:
|Vice President||Alysse Stehliemail@example.com|
|Undergraduate Vice President||Daniel Berndtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Secretary||Carrie Bamper||N/A|
Meetings for the local chapter are virtual and are usually held on the first Tuesday of each month during the Fall and Spring semester. Meetings begin at 8:30pm (eastern time) and are usually accompanied by a guest speaker in the Emergency Management field.
Spring Semester Meeting Dates: (tentative)
Tuesday, February 4th at 8:30pm: General Meeting
Tuesday, March 4th at 8:30pm: General Meeting
Tuesday, April 1st at 8:30pm: General Meeting
Tuesday, May 6th at 8:30pm: General Meeting
IAEM Meeting Access Instructions:
To access the virtual meetings please follow these instructions:
1. Log into D2L.
2. Click on the "MSEM EMGT Graduate Program" course.
3. On the MSEM EMGT Graduate Program homepage, click on "IAEM Student Section Meetings."
4. The link should take you directly to the IAEM meeting classroom... if not, select the "IAEM Student Section Meetings" classroom.
5. Scroll down and select "save and join" to open blackboard collaborate.
*If you are not a student, faculty, or staff member of the CDRE MSEM program, please contact CDRE@Millersville.edu for further instructions for accessing our meetings.