Depending on academic major and qualifications, some students may qualify for a reduced tuition rate.
Science, Mathematics, and Applied Engineering Majors
- Out-of-state tuition reduced by approximately $3000 per year
- Required minimum Critical Reading and Math combined score of 1000 on the SAT or a 21 ACT.
- Maintain good academic standing and enrollment in a STEM program to keep the reduced rate. STEM majors include Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Meteorology, Geology, Ocean Sciences and Coastal Studies, Earth Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, Applied Engineering and Technology Management, Technology and Engineering Education, Occupational Safety and Environmental Health, and Education majors in those disciplines.
- Out-of-state tuition reduced by approximately $5000 per year
- Required minimum Critical Reading and Math combined score minimum of 1200 SAT or a 26 ACT
- OR top 10% of high school class and minimum SAT Critical Reading and Math combined score 1000 SAT or a 21 ACT
- Maintain good academic standing to keep the reduced rate.
- Out of state tuition reduced by approximately $3,000 per year
- Required minimum of 12 transferrable credits and a 3.5 overall GPA upon entry to Millersville
- Final college transcript is required to receive the reduction
- Maintain good academic standing to keep the reduced rate (for a maximum of 6 semesters)
Q: When are students notified of their tuition reduction?
The admissions office will notify eligible freshmen at the point of admission into the university
The admissions office will notify eligible transfer students in writing upon receipt of their official (final) transcript from their previous institution(s)
Q. Is this a scholarship? May I still apply for Merit Scholarships and Financial Aid?
This is not a scholarship. It is a tuition reduction available to all eligible out of state residents. Students may still apply for merit based scholarships and financial aid.
Q. I am a freshman and meet the requirements of both the STEM opportunity and the High Achievers tuition adjustment. Will I receive both adjustments (totaling $8,000)?
No, students will receive the award that provides the highest amount for which they qualify. Should a student meet the criteria for both opportunities, they will receive the High Achievers tuition adjustment in the amount of $5,000
Q. Will I receive the tuition adjustment throughout my entire education?
Students must maintain good academic standing as determined by the University in order to maintain the adjustment. Freshmen receiving the STEM adjustment must maintain enrollment in a STEM program. Freshmen may receive the reduction for up to 8 semesters. Transfer students may receive the reduction for up to 6 semester.
Q: Do transfer students have to transfer from an out-of-state college or university?
No. Incoming transfer students must be non-Pennsylvania residents to receive the reduction. They may transfer from either an in-state or out-of-state college or university.
Contact Admissions for additional details.
Call: 1-800-MU-ADMIT or 717-872-3371