Family members of incoming Millersville University students are invited to attend a one-day Parent & Family Orientation Program. The goal of family orientation is to provide you with tools that will prepare you to support your student as well as introduce you to the Millersville campus, its programs and services. This will be accomplished through a variety of interactive presentations and open discussions.
Registration and Frequently Asked Questions:
- Registration will be available in the coming weeks.
- Families must register ahead of time and due to space limitations, planning, materials, etc. we are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
- Registration for each Parent & Family Orientation session will close one week prior to the Orientation date or when that date reaches capacity.
- Students will attend their own Orientation program beginning on August 21st, 2014. The focus of this program is not for students and they should not plan on attending the Parent & Family Orientation sessions.
- Younger siblings will be invited to campus in the fall during our Parent & Family Weekend programming. We ask that only adult family members attend this Orientation program.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership at (717) 872-3506 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to announce The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot as the One Book, One Campus selection for the 2014-2015 academic year. The goal of the One Book program is to stimulate discussion and critical thinking around a common book's theme, enhancing a sense of community among students, faculty, and staff as we engage with each other's diverse perspectives. Students are asked to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks before arriving on campus for Orientation. Copies of the book are available for purchase at the University Store.