Steps for Studying Abroad
Millersville University students may study abroad in nearly every country worldwide for a summer, a semester or an academic year. Although most students study abroad during their junior year, students may study or do an internship abroad for academic credit any time after completing 24 academic credits of study (individual department policies may vary).
Students may participate in study abroad through:
- Millersville's own international partners (called MU Programs)
- Other accredited U.S. institutions' programs (called Non-MU programs)
- Directly through some international universities (also called Non-MU programs).
All students participating in any study/intern abroad program pay a participation fee for each term that they are abroad. The participation fee for a subsequent term will be waived if, at the time of application, students indicate they will study/intern abroad for more than one term at the same program.
For a Millersville student to be eligible for any study abroad experience (whether through an MU partner or not), students must:
- Have completed 24 college credits (individual programs may have higher requirements)
- Have maintained a minimum 2.0 GPA prior to departure (individual programs may have higher requirements)
- Have completed the advance approval process through the Office of Global Education and Partnerships
For more information about study abroad, please contact us.